EMS OF ECWA
PRAISE & PRAYER, JUNE 2018
Prayer/Counseling hotline: 08033673654, 08051614880
Brethren, pray for us (1 Thess. 5:25)
WEEK ONE – FOCUS IS ON PRAISE/THANKSGIVING
FROM HOME AND CROSS-BOARDER MISSION FIELDS
“…Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.” Deut 32:3b-4 (NIV)
Praise God for His sustaining grace on EMS as a Ministry, for providing for us financially, materially and for granting us safety in all our travels.
- Praise God for graciously answering our prayers and making it possible for the ECWA Television Ministry to be inaugurated today. Pray for the success of the programme and ask the Lord to grant grace to our staff to be able to work effectively, especially in using this platform to reach out to many.
Pray for the success of the installation of ECWA new executives members today and also pray for God’s increasing wisdom on Rev. Stephen Panya Bab as the new ECWA president, and on Rev. Alex T. Ibi, the new ECWA AGS.
Praise God for the preparations to start ECWA International Theological Seminary in The Gambia (EITSG).
- Praise God for the donation of thousands of books from a missionary in Burkina Faso towards the Gambian Seminary
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
Praise the Lord for 26 new converts in our various stations in the Mid-East Region and all the churches that went out for Evangelism at LACINTA, BAKIN KOGI, ANGWAN TAKI, and DNAWALA. Ask the Lord to grant all new converts spiritual growth and perseverance in the faith.
Praise God for the survival of Mrs. Abednego, the wife of an EMS missionary, and the son of Pastor Nrize O. Saba, another EMS missionary, who were both bitten by snakes. Ask the Lord to grant them perfect feeling. Also keep praying for our missionaries for safety, especially those working in rural areas.
Praise God for the success of Rev. & Mrs. Amah’s official meeting with YWAM Mali, whereby they finally agreed to partner in two areas: (1) Urban and Rural Evangelism (2) Children’s Ministry.
- Praise God for Pastor & Mrs. Sherry Thomas of SIM Mali who sponsored Rev. & Mrs. Amah to attend a French Leadership Training, which took place in Bamako from 5th – 11th May, 2018.
Praise God for His blessings on Rev. & Mrs. Likita Adamu and their members in Niamey, Niger Republic. We also thank God for giving the brethren courage to face the current challenging persecution in some parts of Niger with determination.
Praise God for saving Peter Mwaura, who was once a drunkard, but has found Christ in Utawala ECWA Church, Kenya. Praise God for using the Mutungas to make a positive impact in the Utawala community. Thank God for the numeric and spiritual growth in the church and the mission school.
Praise God for the progress of preparation towards the take-off of ECWA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY TOGO which by the grace of God begins September 2018.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
I will proclaim the name of the Lord…Deut. 32:3a
EMS MANAGEMENT TEAM: Pray for the fruitfulness of Rev. Bakari Bunga, the EMS administrator, in his trip to the USA; ask the Lord to grant EMS favor as he relates our needs to groups and individual mission support teams. Pray that the other staff at EMS will experience safe travel and health protection while on mission trips throughout this month.
EMS BOARD MEMBERS: Ask the Lord to protect EMS board members with their families from every form of evil; may the Lord grant them safety in all their travels and favor in all their God-honoring endeavors.
EMS SUPPORTERS: Pray that EMS Supporters will continue to have their needs met and remain committed to their ministry in giving and praying for the work of missions.
ECWA MINISTERS/STAKEHOLDERS: Pray for ECWA members, pastors, and stakeholders to have strength, growth, and success in fulfilling God’s disciple-making mission in their context.
ECWA EXECUTIVES: Pray that the ECWA president, vice president, general secretary, assistant general secretary, and treasurer will be spiritually prepared at all times for the work and warfare they are sure to face on a daily basis.
CENTRAL REGION GARKI DCC: Praise God for the success and fruitfulness of the mission outreach that was held in Basange land in April; ask the Lord to grant grace to the 388 people who gave their lives to Christ to keep growing in faith. Pray for the two missionaries that have been sent to Eroko and Koji, for the Lord to grant them ministry strategies as they disciple converts and reach out to other communities in Basange land.
NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA DCC: ECWA Goodnews Narayi High Cost has been a very strong and committed EMS supporter; currently they support 30 EMS missionaries. Recently, the church has been faced with some financial challenges; ask the Lord to break through these financial barriers and allow the church to continue to give generously.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ Matt 10:7 NIV
NORTH EAST REGION- GOMBE DCC: Praise God for the successful mission outreach carried out with ECWA Clinic at Ganjin; this outreach was fruitful as ninety seven (97) people gave their lives to Christ and seventy seven (77) people rededicated their lives to Christ. Ask the Lord to grant these converts the grace to grow in faith and to remain faithful at all times.
MID CENTRAL REGION: Ask the Lord to stir the hearts of many in this region to be willing to support the works of mission.
MID EAST REGION-LAFIA DCC: Pray for TOTO local government that has been engulfed in tribal crises with the undertone of religion; pray for the Bassa people, who are mostly Christians, this fight has greatly affected 6 churches in the following locations: SEGYE Lee, UGYA Lee, DAGGI Lee, UMASHA Lee, SARDAUNA Lee, TOTO Lee.
FAR NORTH WEST REGION: Ask the Lord to grant grace to the coordinators and missionaries in this region as they strategize on how to reach the following targeted areas: Yauri, Bagado, and Magajiya.
SOUTH EAST-ABA DCC: Thank God for how He is opening doors for the ‘’True Gospel” to penetrate among the Igbos in our already existing Mission Fields and other targeted unreached areas. Pray for Rev. Egelonu Obinali, the South EAST Regional Coordinator, and the missionaries working under him for creativity to be able to contextualize and preach the Word of God without any form of syncretism.
FAR NORTH REGION-KATSINA DCC: Pray for God’s increasing blessings and divine protection on all ECWA churches and mission stations in this region.
SOUTH NORTH EAST-TARABA DCC: Praise God for His sustaining grace on this region under the coordination of Rev. Nehemiah T. Magaji and his DCC coordinators. Pray for the Holy Spirit’s visitation and divine protection as they engage in mission activities in various targeted areas in this region.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS-BORDERS’ MISSION FIELDS
ECWA MALI CHURCH:
- Pray for the provision of the payment of the Amah’s house rent in Mali which expired 5th May, 2018. The House Agency will not accept continual payment without the agent fee of 75,000 cfa with the usual two months’ deposit
ECWA NIGER REPUBLIC:
- Praise God for blessing Rev. & Mrs. Likita Adamu with the church in Niger with good health in spite of the intensity of the heat, all of them are doing very
- Pray for one of Rev. & Mrs. Likita Adamu’s outstanding member’s, by name Moussa, who returned to his village, remarried, and converted back to Islam. Ask that the Lord will restore him back to faith in Jesus’ mighty Name.
ECWA BENIN REPUBLIC:
- Praise and appreciate God for the success of the outreach at Rev. & Mrs. Amos Olugbenga’s church in Benin Republic, which was held in April
- Thank God for His provision for the purchase of the second church land in Cotonou, Benin republic where Rev. Mrs. Amos Olugbenga station. They have already been able to use the land for church
- Pray for God’s provision to enable a temporary place of worship to be erected at the purchased land for Rev. & Mrs. Amos Olugbenga’s church in Benin
ECWA BURKINA FASO:
- Thank God for keeping and sustaining the lives of our missionaries and members of their churches in Burkina Faso and for the healing of Pastor Thomas Joshua’s wife who was very ill.
- Pray for the leadership of EESIM at Cachanri, Burkina Faso to have a mission mind. Pray for the men of Gurmanche to embrace the Gospel; most of them allow their wives to go to the church, but themselves do not have time for it.
- Pray for God to provide a motorcycle for Pastor Thomas Joshua to facilitate his mission work at Cachanri, Burkina Faso. The need for a motorcycle has become critically urgent in this mission field as he has had to borrow a motorcycle to go to the interior villages and sometimes has to walk a very long distance to
- Praise God for five (5) mission stations that have built their churches; we are trusting God to provide for the roofing of those
- Let us continue to pray for the challenge of church land for ECWA Yaoundé church in Cameroon. The church has been displaced on several occasions due to lack of a permanent worship
ECWA REPUBLIC OF TOGO:
- Pray for God to provide support of boreholes for Tota Village and Kedjida Cope, which will amount to N150, 000 naira each, totaling N300, 000. It is indeed a dire and urgent
- Pray also for the translational work that is going on in Togo, for God to provide the needed money for the work to
- Pray for more of God’s grace on the Mutungas (an EMS missionary couple) to make a greater impact among the Utawala community and many other targeted Kenyan communities.
- Pray for God to provide a church land in Utawala, as this will enhance the church growth. –
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH JUNE 2018.
MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2018. SHALOM!!!