Praise God for sustaining EMS as an organization, protection and provision for missionaries and for safety in all our travels through the month of October.
Praise God for sparing the life of our missionary, Pas. Adams J. Abba, who was attacked by armed robbers; they stole his laptop and other valuables. Let’s keep praying for the safety of our missionaries on the field.
Praise God for the community nursery and primary school that was handed over to EMS by the Oseni community in Mid Central Region for proper running. Ask the Lord to grant EMS grace to manage the school holistically and to provide godly, creative teachers to run the school.
Praise God for the provision of another motorcycle to EMS for Rev. Daglo, the missionary in Angwan Jatau mission station, EMS Central Region. The bike was donated by the ECWA Central Church. A group of passionate widows in ECWA Wuse ii also donated four generators to our missionaries in Central Region. Ask the Lord to bless these donors.
FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
“Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of His Servant? Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on their God.” Isaiah 50:10
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1st) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR CORPORATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
MONDAY 5TH EMS BOARD MEMBERS
- Pray for safety for all EMS board members as they travel to attend their works, business and ministries this month.
- Ask that God will grant satisfaction and joy to all EMS board members in the performance of their duties as Board Members.
TUESDAY 6TH EMS SUPPORTERS
Ask the Lord to grant open doors for many who pledge to support EMS to fulfill their pledges.
WEDNESDAY 7TH ECWA EXECUTIVES
Pray that the ECWA President, Vice President, ECWA General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary and treasurer will be spiritually prepared at all times for the work and war they are sure to face on a daily basis.
THURSDAY 8TH ECWA MINISTERS/STAKEHOLDERS
- Pray for ECWA members, pastors, and stakeholders to have strength, growth, and success in fulfilling God’s disciple-making mandate in their life.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s direction, sanctification, and governance in their work so that the Gospel of Christ may be preached in Truth, truly received, and truly followed in all places.
FRIDAY 9TH MUSLIM BACKGROUND CONVERTS
- Pray for the converts/believers who have been rejected by family and friends. Pray that God would surround them with a new Christian “family” who will love and support them emotionally and physically.
- Pray for God to be an advocate for women who are socially vulnerable or have lost the custody of their children because of their Christian faith.
SATURDAY 10TH NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA
- Praise God for the weaning of Boham Prayer House to a full-fledged church; pray that God will grant this church a self-sustaining grace.
- Ask the Lord to comfort the families of Mrs. Laurence Adeoye, an EMS supporter, and the family of Pas. Robert Dangombe, our missionary at Kubacha DCC, who both passed on to glory last month.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips…Ps 40:9 NIV
SUNDAY 11TH CENTRAL REGION GARKI DCC
Praise God for the 53 EMS missionaries that were trained on “Evangelism and Follow-up” by the ECWA Goodnews Maitama Church in collaboration with Richard Gardiner’s Ministry. Ask the Lord to bless the trainers and for the missionaries to put into effective use all that they learnt from the training.
MONDAY 12TH FAR NORTH – KATSINA DCC
- We give God the glory for answered prayers over the return of animals stolen from Adamu Garba in Jigawa DCC. By the grace of God, the animals were returned exactly as prayed for. Praise the Lord!
- Pray for Mr. Yohanna Musa, one of our supporter in Katsina DCC, he is seriously sick; pray for his quick recovery.
TUESDAY 13TH MANAGEMENT
- Pray for safety for all management staff who will be meeting today for the second to the last management meeting holding today at EMS headquarters in Jos; also pray for the success of the meeting.
- Let’s not relent in praying for more wisdom on EMS Management Team as they make decisions affecting the Head Office, Regional, DCC, and various levels in the ministry.
WEDNESDAY 14th MID CENTRAL REGION- KAGORO
- Praise God for ECWA 2 Kafanchan who added 4 missionaries to the 1 they were supporting (they now support 5). We thank God for the Women’s Fellowship G/Waya DCC who also added 1 more to the 1 they were supporting (they now support 2)
- Pray for the willingness to continue the support of these missionaries.
THURSDAY 15TH NORTH CENTRAL REGION-JOS
- Pray for the following missionaries who are retiring this year. Rev. Shehu Yakubu in Bauchi DCC 15/12/2018, Rev. Dachung Pam in Bukuru DCC February 2019 and Pst. Dauda Madaki in Yelwa DCC.
- Pray for Pst. Samaila A. Kure whose wedding is coming on 16/12/2018 in Miango DCC.
- Pray for some of our coordinators who are in need of motorcycles for effective ministry in Miango DCC, Toro DCC, and Zabolo DCC.
FRIDAY 16TH SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION, JALINGO
Ask the Lord to grant provision for the Yamel DCC mission conference which commenced today, 16-17th; also pray for safety for all who will be traveling to attend the programme.
SATURDAY 17TH.NORTH EAST REGION – GOMBE
- Praise God for sparing the family of Rev. Mohammadu Adamu of Tangale DCC, during the armed robbers attack in Garwa village on Sept 6. Although they did away with some of their valuables, the Lord spared their lives.
- Our missionary Pastor Yusuf Isah had an accident on a motorcycle; pray for a complete recovery.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS
“The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and the one who is wise saves lives.” Prov. 11:30
SUNDAY 18th EMS HOUSE OF HOPE
Thank God – we have successfully admitted 15 new boys and 9 new girls into the ministry. We have identified drug addicts all over. We have started a new ministry to reach them called “Celebrate Recovery”; pray with us for God’s direction and success.
MONDAY 19th EMS CHILDREN/MISSION FIELD SCHOOLS
- Praise God for the 186 children that have been admitted to EMS Children School for the 2018/2019 Academic Session. Pray that these kids will recognize their need for a vibrant academic commitment and intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus.
- Pray that many unbelieving children in the schools will encounter the good Father.
TUESDAY 20TH EMS CHILDREN/MISSION FIELD SCHOOLS
Ask the Lord for a financial opening to missionary parents and other parents struggling to pay their children’s school fees.
Pray for increased wisdom and grace for effective teaching in all EMS Children and Mission Field Schools.
WEDNESDAY 21ST EMS SECURITY PERSONNEL
Considering the increased security threat posed to Christian organizations, especially in this last quarter of the year, pray for our security personnel, that they would be vigilant, diligent, and sensitive to any threats to EMS staff and facilities.
THURSDAY 22ND EMS TRAVEL UNIT
Ask the Lord to guide and protect EMS drivers from accidents and keep them free from harm on their journeys. Pray that He would support them with His grace when they are tired and also help them to be patient in any trouble which may come their way. Ask that He keep them always mindful of His presence and love.
FRIDAY 23RD ECWA TV MINISTRY
Pray for ECWA TV Ministry for more financial support and for the Holy Spirit’s leading, as a lot of work is ongoing for the take-off of this very important ministry.
SATURDAY 24TH EMS MEDICAL UNIT
- Pray for God’s healing on: Pst. Makayi Maijinkai, Mrs. Jock Waziri, Mrs. Jude Marfun, Pst. Phenihas Philemon, Rev. Shehu Yakubu, Rev. Marikina Galadima, Mrs. Titus Dangu and Rev. Samuel John.
- Ask the Lord to protect missionary doctors and nurses and all He has called them to care for the sick and prevent disease in various mission fields. Pray that He strengthens them in body and soul as He blesses their work of their hands.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS-BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.” 2 Samuel 7: 22
SUNDAY 25TH ECWA TOGO
- Praise God for the successful take-off of ECWA THEOLOGICAL SCHOOL TOGO last month.
- Pray for God’s provision for the purchase of church lands of ECWA Togo for the following mission fields: Zanguera at 7.5M, Notse at 3M, Pagouda at N400, 000, and University at 20M.
- Pray for the provision of at least 5 motorcycles for the missionaries that are working in the interior regions.
MONDAY 26TH ECWA ZAMBIA
Thank God with us for two new volunteers to serve as church planters. Pray that God would open a way to fund their ministry by raising supporters.
TUESDAY 27TH ECWA MALI
- Praise God for the new converts made in Mali this month by the Amahs, pray also for them to abide in faith regardless of hardship.
- Praise God that we are almost the completion to renew the ECWA Mali church registration.
- Also thank God for the healing of Rev. & Mrs. Amah’s children from some terrible skin rashes, as a result of the scorching heat.
- Foundation laying process of the permanent site of ECWA Mali has stopped for lack of cash, please pray for God’s provision for the progress of the work.
WEDNESDAY 28TH BENIN REPUBLIC
- Praise God for the successful three days outreach program by Rev Amos Olugbenga which led to many fruits. Their projector got burnt during the programme. Pray that God will provide the way to fix or replace it.
- Praise God for His provision to enable Rev. Amos Olugbenga to complete the construction of a place of worship on the purchased church land. They were able to build it from support they received from friends and family; ask that God will bless the donors.
- Pray that God will provide the manpower needed to start a prayer house in Aglansa, Benin Republic.
THURSDAY 29TH NIGER REPUBLIC
- Pray for all the sick missionaries in Niger Republic, especially Pastor Simon Kali, who is suffering from a liver condition.
- Pray for missionaries facing persecution from Muslims and Pagans in their various fields in Niger Republic to remain steadfast in their faith in Christ Jesus.
- Pray for our missionaries who are searching for a quality school to place their children.
FRIDAY 30TH ECWA CHAD REPUBLIC
- The need of clean water in some of our mission stations in Chad Republic cannot be over emphasized enough. Pray for God’s provision of the said needs in those needy communities. This prayer request comes frequently from our missionaries.
- Pray against the fear and the worship of evil spirits, the practice of all kinds of magic in Chad Republic, which is affecting the growth of some of the churches.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2018.
MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2018. SHALOM!!!