by Rev. Sunday Bwanhot | God is the very definition of love and therefore He cannot do anything that is unloving. The Scripture tells us that God IS love; hence, everything He does is an expression of that perfect love. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
God did not create HELL for human beings but for Satan and the fallen angels. However, anyone who buys into Satan’s ways chooses to voluntarily follow Satan to Hell. Heaven and Hell are two eternal destinations, and everyone gets to choose where he/she will spend eternity. The choice may or may not be expressed verbally but it is lived out daily.
- God does not want anyone to go to Hell and He has done everything possible to accomplish this objective without infringing on our free will to choose (Deut. 30:19).
- He gave His Son as a substitute to die in our place so we will not have to go to Hell. (Rom. 6:23).
- He has delayed His return to earth to judge the world giving us plenty of time to repent (1Pt. 3:9).
- God continues to warn us about hell (Mk 9:43-38).
- He once destroyed all sinners by flood and only Noah and his family were saved. God also destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and only Lot and his family were saved (Jude 7).
- All the Israelites 20 years and older that left Egypt for the Promised land died in the desert for their sins except Caleb and Joshua (Num. 32:11-13). God is not only a God of love but also a Holy, Righteous, and Just God who judges people in fairness.
What will He say to those He has already judged and condemn? God does not send people to Hell; people choose to go to Hell on their own. He loves you and you do not have to go to HELL.
Rev. Sunday Bwanhot is EMS/SIM Missionary. He serves as Team leader of SIM Culture Connexions; Pastors of ECWA Chicago.