About This Recipe
“This is my all-time favorite low-fat, low-cal recipe. I got it from a great cookbook, More Healthy Homestyle Cooking, and I have to say that this recipe is worth the price of the book! For more crunch and color, you can cook some red pepper and trimmed snow peas for 4 minutes in the skillet before adding the chicken. I like it just the way it is, though, served over rice. Enjoy!”
Ingredients Servings:4 Units:US
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour or 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 inch 4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives (optional)
- In a gallon-size plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, seal bag, and shake well to coat.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine soy sauce and sugar in the skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add oil and sesame seeds.
- Add chicken and chives.
- Toss and serve immediately.